Antonine Wall Cottages Details
We have two cottages and also our listed Georgian Mansion House available on the same site. To see the mansion house please click here. Our cottages are elegantly and comfortably furnished. We have been awarded 4 stars by The Scottish Tourist Board every year since we opened in 2004 until we stopped inspections in 2014. We are now part of the Association for Self Caterers Quality scheme. The cottages were converted from a listed 1840s stable block. Internally they are light, bright, white and modern while retaining lots of original features such as the 4 foot wide walls and striking double-height ceilings.
While the cottages are both furnished and equipped to the same high standard, Doocot is a little larger, has better more private views and has a conservatory. The hot tub in Hayloft has lovely views over the trossachs.
Both cottages feature
- private hot tub - not overlooked in either cottage but open to the stars and lovely countryside views. Each hot tub has LED lights and a bluetooth speaker.
- well-equipped kitchens with dishwasher, microwave, fridge-freezer, washing machine, oven and hob, coffee makers, iron and ironing board
- excellent quality beds and bedding
- large lounges with comfortable leather sofas, local artwork, books including the latest bestsellers, magazines, games, excellent tourist information, flat screen colour television . There is also either amazon fire, NOWTV or netflix for constant on demand box sets, movies and cartoons
- 120 channels of TV with SKY freesat
- free wi-fi access with unlimited downloads on fiber (upgraded June 2019)
- Hayloft has a bathroom with shower, bath, shaver-point, no charge for towels(new Sept 2018)
- Doocot has a new (Feb 2018)) shower room....no bath.
- fully controllable electric heating and hot water with timers, no extra charge up to a generous amount
- a cot and high chair that can be provided at no charge
- outdoor seating - both private to each cottage
- Sun loungers available for those warm sunny days
- views of woods, fields and hills from every window (and local wildlife, squirrels, deers, cows, geese, swans, badgers)
There are 2 double bedrooms in Hayloft and a double sofa bed for alternative sleeping arrangements. We can add a fold up single bed for children who will not share a double bed! Doocot has a king and a twin bedroom. There is a 3rd slide out single bed which is suitable for children. There is a single bed available too.
Doocot cottage is a bit bigger than Hayloft and is ideal for families with children as it overlooks the play area and woods. Doocot also has a lovely conservatory with floor to ceiling windows to take full advantage of the lovely views. Hayloft is perfect for one or two couples or a small family, nature lovers will like it as it overlooks a wood filled with squirrels and birds.